Dentsu at a Glance
Truly Global Scale
The Dentsu Group currently has more than 66,000 staff serving for 11,000+ clients in over 145 countries and regions.
countries and regions(End of December 2019)
Number of group employees(End of December 2019)
Our operations are increasingly diverse: Japan accounts for 40% of our business, EMEA 23%, the Americas 26%, and APAC 11%.
Revenue Less Cost of Sales by Region
- ※2013 and 2014 figures are for fiscal years (Japan: Apr-March, International: Jan-Dec), while figures for 2015 and beyond are for calendar years (Both Japan and International)
- ※2013 figures were based on JGAAP, while figures for 2014 and beyond were based on IFRS.
- ※EMEA :Europe, Middle East and Africa, Americas : North, Central and South America, and APAC : Asia Pacific (excl. Japan)
Our business in Japan is spearheaded by Dentsu, while Dentsu Aegis Network leads the international business which encompasses all countries outside Japan.
Extensive Digital Capabilities
Revenue less cost of sales generated by the fast-growing digital sector now accounts for 48% of the Group total.
- ※2014 figures are for fiscal years (Japan: Apr-March, International: Jan-Dec), while figures for 2015 and beyond are for calendar years (Both Japan and International)
Percentage of Consolidated Revenue Less Cost of Sales Generated by Digital Sector
We have established highly specialized subsidiary companies in Japan and overseas to keep pace with growth and harness advances in the fast-changing digital sector.
Leading Group Companies in the Digital Sector
Cutting-Edge Data Marketing
We are boosting our focus on data marketing under the People Driven Marketing brand in Japan and the M1 platform overseas. These brands share the philosophy of people-based marketing and aim to add value to data utilization.
Unique Sports Solutions
Dentsu has built strong long-term relationships with sports organizations in Japan and globally, and we help our clients to leverage these connections into their communication strategies. Dentsu has been designated as the exclusive marketing agent for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Relationships with Major Sports Federations
|IOC (The Olympic Games)||
Dentsu Group has wosn numerous awards at prestagious international advertising festivals.
International Advertising Awards
|Grand Prix||Gold||Silver||Bronze||Other awards||Total|
- *1The Black Pencil award has been treated as equivalent to a Grand Prix, the Yellow Pencil to gold, the Graphite Pencil to silver, and the Wood Pencil to bronze.
- *2Network of the Year, Branded Content Lotus, Effective Lotus, Integrated Lotus included under "Other awards."
- *3Creative e-Commerce is equivalent to a Gold Award
- *4Grand Prix = Best of Discipline
Steady Shareholder Return
We have made steady returns to shareholders based on a strong financial position.
Cash Dividend Per Share and Payout Ratio
|Cash dividend per share (yen)||75||85||90||90||95||95|
payout ratio (%)*
|Dividend payout ratio (%)||29.5%||29.0%||24.1%||28.1%||---||---|
|Total amount of cash dividends (Billions of yen)||21.3||24.2||25.3||25.3||26.5||---|
- *Underlying dividend payout ratio = Cash dividend per share ÷ Underlying profit per share × 100
- *2015/12 is based on financial reporting (Japan: Apr-Dec, 9months, International: Jan-Dec, 12months.) Proforma (Jan-Dec, 12moths, for both Japan and International) base Underlying dividend payout ratio is 19.0% and Dividend payout ratio is 26.1%.